Saturday, August 11, 2012

Genesee Country Village and Museum Field Trip

         It was an awesome opportunity to visit to Genesee Country Museum at Mumford, NY. It is a very interesting place because we can experience by ourselves how people in that area lived during 18th and 19th centuries. People in Genesse Country Museum are presenting the real living style of 18th & 19th Centuries. Seeing how they lived, worked, cooked and ate could be the a nice picture to express how people had lived actually in the past.


As soon as we arrived there, we got a map of Genesee Country Museum. As I walked along in the country museum, I really felt like I was genuinely experience the real life style of 19th century because of the historic buildings, works, cooking and their dresses.






First of all, I liked the way they make lantern. It was so impressive. You can just turn it around, knock it down, but the light in the lantern was not put out and the light remained.

  Secondly, I liked how they created the oven. I remarked them as smart people.  The oven was used to make pancakes. When you make pancakes, you don't need to turn the pancakes to protect to be burned out while you are making this on the oven. They invented to just simply flip the cooking pans over so that you don't have to worry about the pancakes to be burned out by the fire. I found that the oven very fascinating and I liked their work very much!



       
 Thirdly, I liked the way they made beer. I found out that it was a tiring work. They have to do step by step and they have to store the beer for 3 days in order to become a real taste beer. Even though I don't drink beer, I liked the fragrance of the beer they made and it was so sweet and refreshing. I don't know how the taste would be but I really like the fragrance.










Last not the least, I liked the "Carriage Museum" so much. I really enjoyed walking around to examine the amazing work of the carriages. I wish I could try them on. I was so excited to see the different kinds of carriages they made. I found them very unique and creative.



So, I really enjoyed visiting to Genesse Country Museum because I found it very helpful to learn the American cultures and life as an international student. Personally, I like to learn the cultures of different countries. So, it was a joy to visit to Genesse Country Museum!




No comments:

Post a Comment