Monday, August 27, 2012

Community Service at a Public school


         On 24th August 2012, we had a community service arranged by our college, Nazareth College and most of the students participated voluntarily. There were total of 12 groups going to different areas of community services around Rochester.
 


We, international students group went to "Clara Barton School" in Rochester, NY for our community service. It was some minutes' drive from my college.



  

 It is a private Elementary school with a nice building and well-arranged classrooms for the kids. We helped moving the textbooks to the classrooms and cleaning up the classes and arranging the desks and chairs in order so that when the children come to class, everything will be ready. It was a tiring work because the textbooks are super heavy and I am glad that the children don't need to carry those books back to their homes because they are just meant for classroom use. We could manage to get everything done by 4 p.m. Everybody was exhausted after that but they enjoyed the trip.


It was a tiring service but personally it was so truly rewarding. The staff there really appreciated our work. I was happy because I could somehow contribute my labor to the school. Even our little work means a lot to them. We did bring a big smile on their faces and I am sure that the kids will be very joyous ,too when they see their books ready in their classrooms. I could even imagine their smiling faces. It's worth it for being tired. I am grateful that I could be part of the community service!


No comments:

Post a Comment